Sacramento drivers and any driver in California must carry auto insurance to comply with state laws. Failure to carry the state mandatory minimum amounts of coverage is a violation of the law and comes with many consequences, such as suspension of your driver’s license and vehicle registration. Drivers in Sacramento must carry a policy that includes:
· $15,000 Bodily Injury coverage for one injury
· $30,000 Bodily Injury coverage for all injuries in the accident
· $15,000 Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists coverage, with a $30,000 max
· $3600 Uninsured Motorists Coverage
Don’t let the costs of car insurance stop you from buying the coverage that you need. There are many ways to save money on car insurance if you are willing to put them to good use. Some of the best ways to reduce costs of coverage:
· Stay safe. Even one driving infraction can tack on the costs of coverage. Avoid accidents and tickets at all costs.
· Compare before you buy. Many insurance companies exist and it is up to you to find the best. Request car insurance quotes sacramento and compare to find the best rates for coverage.
· Discounts can take off 10% – 15% if you use them. Insurance companies offer a plethora of discounts for customers to use, such as multi -policy discounts, safe driver discounts, and more. Use them all and save money.
· Increase the amount of your deductible. Although this puts more risk on your shoulders, it also reduces costs considerably.
· Watch your credit. Many insurance agencies get a copy of your credit report and use it to help determine how much you will pay for coverage.
Don’t drive illegally and without the financial protection that keeps you safe when there are many ways to save money on your auto insurance rates.